Welcome to the last New Moon of Summer in 2020, coming September 17th at 7 am Eastern time. If you’re anything like me, you are welcoming Fall in with open arms. There is something so beautiful and electric about season changes. New goals, new intentions, almost as if it were a new year!
The new Moon can be just as exciting as a full moon! The days leading up to the New Moon is a very healing time for us. We take a look at the inside and start to make decisions about the future, and getting clear on what it is that we want in this life. The New Moon is a time to take those decisions and set some intentions, goals, and wishes.
What is the energy of a New Moon?
The New Moon always brings a level of excitement. It is the start of a new Lunar cycle and represents new beginnings. Wipe the slate clean of whatever did not work for you throughout the last Lunar cycle.
Sometimes the New Moon’s energy can feel like a quiet time where the night seems so long, and it can sometimes bring about dark energy – the New Moon is so small and dark in this phase and hardly visible to the naked eye.
New Moons are the perfect time to set out new goals, intentions, and wishes. After all, it is through the darkness of a New Moon that we can become reborn through our intentions and wishes.
What Should I Focus on During a New Moon
The 3-5 days leading up to the New Moon is considered a Balsamic Moon phase. During this time, we are releasing all the intense energies that are lingering from the Full Moon, Disseminating Moon, and Third Quarter Moon. (More on those phases to come)
In the Balsamic phase, we are ready to release, heal, and surrender. Begin the journey inward and think about the forgiveness and release you did through the Full Moon. Anything that is remaining, it is the time to let go now.
This is also a great time to really look at all of the things from the last lunar cycle that didn’t work for you. That could be relationships, your schedule, home life, etc. Get right down to what did work, what didn’t, what you didn’t like, what you did like; when we take the time to get clear on the things that didn’t work, we can stop putting energy where it isn’t serving us so that when the new Moon comes, we are clear on our goals, intentions, and New Moon wishes.
Once we reach the New Moon phase, humans can sometimes be guarded because New Moons also represent change, and for many, that is a difficult thing to do, but if we spend days leading up to it, we can get excited about a change. Especially when we know what is working for us, and then we can expand from there.
New Moon Wishes Explained
There is something really magical about a New Moon. As you have read, I mention wishes – New Moon Wishes. So, you are probably wondering what that is all about. When we take the actions as listed above – getting clear on what works, what doesn’t and prepare to bring in change, then we are ready to bring our manifestation, wishes to light.
Much of this information comes from Moonology by Yasmin Boland, plus some intuitive takes.
1. Show gratitude for all that you do have in your life right now at this moment.
2. Play some frequency music. Find the Hz you are looking for by googling. As an example, let’s say your new moon wish is to be more spiritually connected. Google “frequency for spiritual connection,” from there, you can likely select a YouTube video or search the 852 Hz for connection on any of your favourite music streaming platforms. Light a candle or incense.
3. Choose up to 10 wishes or intentions for the four weeks of the Lunar cycle. Get as specific as you can. If you are having trouble narrowing it down to what it is precisely that you are wanting, I encourage you to do some personal development practices, such as Reiki, EFT, books, etc.
4. Write the wishes on paper. Express it creatively if you wish. Different shapes of paper, different colours, stickers, just whatever you are called to do. The more energy you invest in this process, it shows the universe your desire and commitment.
5. Read each item aloud – and prioritize. Choose the item(s) that are the most important to you. For your priority wishes or intentions, take this time to visualize it coming to reality and dive into the feelings of having that “thing” come true. Act as if it has already happened. What does that energy feel like?
6. Create affirmations that back up the wish(es), and write that down too.
7. Look at each item and rate from 0-100 what you feel the likelihood is of it coming to be.
8. Go over each item, and set intentions on what you plan to do to help these wishes come to light. Sitting and waiting is not going to bring things to you. We have to be willing to take action and watch for guidance along the way.
9. Meditate for a minimum of 15 minutes – and release your dreams into the universe.
10. End your meditation by releasing any attachments to the outcome. Although we set goals, intentions, and wishes, it is not necessarily what is for our highest good. Try not to control the outcome; aid it with actionable steps. If it is meant to be, it will work; if not – you will come across roadblocks or other signs.
New Moon in Virgo Energy
Now that you have a better understanding of a New Moon in general. Let’s take a look at what energies the Virgo sign is bringing into it.
Our Virgo people are typically grounded, hard-working, creative, reliable, patient, and kind. It can bring grounded energy into the Earth under this sign.
This energy also wants you to take inventory. As mentioned above, this means taking a closer look at your life for what is or is not working for your highest self—thinking of where in your life you may need to make changes to get more balance and bring in your wishes. Particularly pay attention to your daily routines. What can you improve upon to have more harmony and flow?
Find some time to be of service to others – Virgo is kind energy, and when we are on this kind of path of healing and manifesting, giving back by being of service to others lifts the vibration and soul. This could be as simple as smiling at a stranger; you never know what kind of impact that can have on somebody.
Daily habits, the Virgo energy wants you to care for yourself on all levels, especially your health and daily habits. Startup a morning and night routine that shows genuine care to the self. Such as meditation in the morning and reading a chapter of a book at night. You can add more to it if you want, but if you are new on this path, start slow and small to build yourself up to 30-60 min in the morning and evening for a routine.
Virgo’s can be known as picky sometimes and even a bit critical of others. With the New Moon energy, we want to avoid finding all of the faults, even though they are going to be seen in your eyes as blatantly obvious. Choose love no matter what, especially with self. Don’t be looking in the mirror and thinking all of these terrible thoughts about yourself; instead, choose to see what you love.
Get organized! Virgo’s are very hard-working, and a lot of their success comes from being incredibly organized. That could be in the home, office, and even your calendar. When I am in a session as a spiritual coach, I talk a lot about the calendar. I ask my clients to schedule every minute of their day – this includes scheduling downtime. If you have it written down on a calendar, planner, or phone, it is easy to see what you have set in place for the day, and help keep you organized so you don’t forget an appointment, event, or even some self-care time. Scheduling yourself in for your morning and evening routines will help you be consistent, and when we are consistent, we can get clear on what works, what doesn’t, and what we are truly desiring.
New Moon in Virgo Ritual
The Ritual! This is probably my favourite part of these blogs! I love creating rituals that will help people expand into their greatness.
1. Get Moon water ready. You can do this in a couple of ways. I have been leaning more towards the first way I will explain, but listen to yourself on what you think resonates more with you.
– Drinkable Moon Water. For this one, you are just setting out a glass jar of water with a lid outside overnight to absorb the Moon’s energy. In the morning, bring it in, and drink some. This will help supercharge the energetic body and raise the vibe, which allows the ritual to be more effective. Any water you have saved, keep it in the fridge and drink when you need a “pick me up.”
– Fragrant Moon Water – This will not be a drinkable Moon Water, but no less effective. Same idea as above but this time, we are adding things to the water. Get yourself a glass jar or bowl – make sure it can be covered. Add in crystals, fresh or dried herbs, flowers, essential oils, etc. Whatever you are called to. Put it out under the Moon overnight. In the morning, remove all items from the water, and strain it into a spray bottle. Spray yourself and your spaces with the water to invite the energy in and through you. This also raises the vibe and increases the effectiveness of your ritual and wishes.
2. Smudge your space that you will be doing in the ritual. You can use any smudging material, but I always suggest Palo Santo – it’s my favourite
3. Do the New Moon Wishes exercise above
4. At the beginning of the New Moon exercise, it states to show gratitude. After the exercise, I suggest coming back to gratitude. You can say the same gratitudes, or if new things came to mind, use those or add it to the list from earlier.
I hope you take advantage of this beautiful ritual, and I would love to hear your feedback in the comments.
Until Next time,
Relevate the day – Anna xo