The name “Corn Moon” is related to the harvest time of Corn, and it is coming to us on September 2nd, 2020, at 1:22 am EDT. This moon would indicate to our ancestors that it was time to begin harvesting the corn crops. Typically (2 out of 3 years), the Harvest Full Moon would fall in September. However, this year the Harvest Full Moon comes October 1st as that is the full moon closest to the fall equinox (more information on the Full Harvest Moon to come)
What is the energy of a Full Moon?
Generally speaking, full moons are a time to reflect on the results of new moon wishes (more on this soon!), focus on forgiveness and fill the space created with gratitude.
At this time, wishes (manifestations) should be coming to fruition somehow, or at the very least clear direction and guidance from the universe, be ready to keep your eyes and ears open.
Full moons are yang energy that can sometimes make things feel forceful, like coming to a head with past traumas or events that need healing. It is forceful in the most loving of ways, though, encouraging and pushing you to release and let go because, in the end, it is what is best for your higher self and purpose.
It will encourage you to reflect on all of the events that happened in the weeks of a full lunar cycle, what has happened? what worked? What didn’t work? What emotions do you feel ready to release? Is there anything you are willing or able to forgive? When we can forgive events, situations, and people, you can release karma and detox your soul from those negative vibes. That will help you to release negative patterns, toxic thoughts, habits, ways of being that are negative, and even toxic people.
When we release and forgive, it gives our energetic body room to grow. Fill the spaces and growth with gratitude; this will create a very high vibration that will assist with bringing in all of the good stuff the universe has waiting for us.
What Should I Focus on During a Full Moon
Full moons are essentially about a “clean slate”; release what you don’t want – holding on to low vibrational emotions will attract more of it. If you have guilt, fear, disappointment, and jealousy; you need to acknowledge the feelings, forgive them, and let them go; It is a process.
When we hang on to these low vibe emotions, it brings energy into our aura that creates blocks in the chakras, which in turn will block your ability to manifest our new moon wishes. Releasing and letting go of those emotions will take inner-work, and not everybody is ready for that, and that is ok. If you can even find just one little minor thing to release that has been taking up any brain space, you will feel a shift, and you will begin a beautiful connection begin with the moon and the earth.
Just be willing to look within, heal, shift blocks, and shed the past. The full moon can sometimes shine or “illuminate” the darker side of ourselves. Do no fear it; we all have this side of us because, without the darkness, we cannot appreciate the lighter side. See it, and shift it as best as you can – always choose to have the bright side win.
I know that forgiveness can be a challenging topic for some. I 100% get it. I never thought I could find myself forgiving someone that physically and emotionally abused me, so honestly, I understand. BUT here is the thing about forgiveness. Forgiveness is NOT for the other person; it is not for the person you are forgiving. This forgiveness is for the self because this allows you to move beyond the anger or resentment that is taking up space in your energetic body. Holding on to these energies only will hurt the self. The person or event on the other side of it is likely completely unaffected by your feelings towards whatever transpired. Keeping the energy in the body gives the person or event the power to hurt you over and over again. Take your power back by forgiving, letting go, and moving forward.
Forgiveness work is probably the main focus of the full moon, as it is through forgiveness that we can heal, move on, raise vibration, and fill ourselves with love and hope, happiness and joy.
Energies of the Full Moon in Pisces
This full moon in Pisces is coming at us during the Virgo season. These energies can bring about some very high emotions; some deep wounds may become exposed; however, the Virgo energy is very supportive and grounding while we go through this shift. The energy of these two will amplify emotions and feelings; it may even trigger some anxiety. BUT this is actually good and good for you. Through this increased energy, we will be able to fully see and witness our true feelings, past pain and recognize where some of our blocks may be.
Being able to see it all will allow you to heal it and bring all of your bodies back into balance; If you are willing and able, take advantage of this energy and accelerate your spiritual growth. If this is something you feel you want to do but maybe need a bit of additional support, reach out to me – this is what I aim to facilitate through spiritual coaching practices. I honour you for being here and reading this; it likely means you resonate with this, and I want you to know that I send you to love and light. This journey is not an easy one to be on, but with tools and support, humans are capable of anything truly.
The energies of Pisces and Virgo are genuinely mystical energy to have paired with a full moon – if you feel called to exploring your innate psychic gifts, this is the time to tap in.
Full Moon Ritual
The ritual for this full moon is going to have a few parts to it. We will start with a forgiveness practice, gratitude, and a couple of other recommendations.
First, to prepare for this practice, I have some questions for you to reflect on and journal your results. This is something you can easily do before the full moon if you want to take some time to get clear on what you are ready or willing to forgive and anything you may be willing to release or take responsibility for.
- Have I taken enough action towards my dreams?
- Have I been overly sensitive or easily hurt?
- Have I been forging my path, or am I following another’s path?
- Have I been making my self-healing practices a daily priority?
- Have I been willing to listen to my intuition?
- What are some habits, thought patterns, or upset that you might be willing to release? When you write down the answer, get into as much detail as you are willing to about each.
- Is there anyone that has upset you or is upsetting you now? Allow yourself to go back to childhood if anything comes to mind.
- List all of the names or events that have or are causing upset. Write down as much about it as you wish. Do this on its own page.
Now that the journaling process is done and you have made a list, or the “forgiveness list,” it is time to start the forgiveness process.
- Have your page with the list ready
- Cleanse the space with Sage or Palo Santo
- Sit comfortably, and get ready to begin.
- Take long, deep breaths until you feel calm and at ease, send breath to any tension in the body as well.
- Close your eyes and begin to visualize each person or event listed that you are willing to forgive.
- Visualize each person or event being wrapped up in a bubble – you get to chose the colour.
- See all of the bubbles and begin to create a good feeling towards them.
- Say silently or out loud, “I forgive you.”
- Now see all of the bubbles float away. If you have any bubbles that are having trouble leaving, forgive yourself for not being ready to release it, and we can try again at the next moon.
- Take your forgiveness list and burn it; this will signify and solidify the release.
- When you are ready, open your eyes, and recite this to close the forgiveness practice and to bring in karma release.
“Under the glorious Full Moon, I forgive everything, everyone, every experience, every memory of the past or present that needs forgiveness. I forgive everyone positively. I also forgive myself for past mistakes. The universe is love, and I am forgiven and governed by love alone. Love is now adjusting my life. Realizing this, I abide in peace.”
Now that we have forgiven, we have created space within our bodies. We want to fill these spaces with gratitude; this will raise our vibration and attract more joy, happiness, and love.
- Take a moment to think of at least three people, places, events, etc., that you are grateful for, feel the joy run through your body as you begin to think about all that you have to be grateful for.
- Write out a list of what/who you are grateful for.
- Read your list out loud or in your head three times.
- Now say out loud, or in your head, “I know that I am blessed, and I live my life within that knowing. I live my life with gratitude and from my heart. I am a conscious creator, and being grateful is at the core of my being for balance.”
Moon Water – You will notice that I will recommend this every time. Moon water is a powerful way to keep the full Moon energy flowing after it has gone, and it is super simple to make.
- Get a glass jar or bowl that can be covered, fill with water.
- Place water outside overnight to soak up the energy
- In the morning, place the water in your fridge – drink from it any time you feel the need for some illumination.
- If you have a spray bottle, put some of your moon water in it and spritz your room or space with it. This will help keep the energy positive in your space and remind you of the beautiful forgiveness and gratitude practice you did.
Crystals – two things I want to mention about crystals. First, get all your crystals outside to charge for the night. If you cannot put them out safely, a windowsill that gets moonlight will also work. Crystals can cleanse and charge under a full moon. The Full Moon can amplify their energies as well. Secondly, I have some recommendations specifically for this moon energy.
- Amethyst – this crystal is amazing for emotional balance, so if some of this forgiveness work is getting difficult, you can lean on the support of this crystal. It also aids in bringing inner peace and tranquillity.
- Carnelian – this is an excellent crystal if there is a lot of anger and resentment resting in the energetic body due to past traumas/events. It can aid in calming rage and protect from rage coming from others. It helps to remove negativity and substitutes it with a zest for life.
- Moonstone – this is one to have if the emotions are becoming way too much to handle. It is very gentle and has excellent ease. It can also assist with drawing out old emotional patterns – so this would be good to use during the journaling process.
I hope you have enjoyed learning about this Full Moon coming at around 1:22 am EDT.
Until next time,
Relevate the Day – Anna xo