Today we are going on a journey through Rose Quartz – love stone. Its beautiful colour just radiates an absolute awe-inspiring beauty through it. Anytime I bring Rose Quartz, love stone, into my space, I immediately get this warm fuzzy feeling come over my entire body. It just feels like a great big loving hug from the Angels. Rose Quartz is undoubtedly one of my favourite stones because it is just so beautiful, and pink is my favourite colour, so a bonus
Let’s find how it can assist you.
Rose Quartz – The Mythology and History
According to Greek Mythology, rose quartz gained its pink colour due to white quartz being stained with blood.
Adonis, the lover of the Greek Goddess Aphrodite, was attacked by Ares, the god of war, in the form of a Boar. Aphrodite witnessing the attack tried to save Adonis. She got herself caught up in a briar bush, very thorny and capable of pretty severe damage, injured herself on the way to Adonis. They both bled onto the white quartz, and it stained the quartz pink. Because of this myth, rose quartz has become a symbol of reconciliation in love.
In ancient Egypt, the stone was revered as a stone of beauty. Women had masks made of rose quartz to help clear the complexion, and assist with signs of ageing skin.
To this day, rose quartz is very popular in many cultures.
Rose Quartz – Properties
Rose Quartz – love stone is a beautiful stone for making peace and reconciliation, whether that be in your home, heart, or workplace. It can also help ease pain and emotional wounds such as; grief, stress, anger, or fear. Rose Quartz is the stone of universal love. It restores trust and harmony in relationships, encouraging unconditional love.
Rose Quartz purifies and opens the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing and feelings of peace. It is helpful to those with blocks, or an energy deficiency in the heart chakra. When the heart chakra is not functioning at full potential, there could be some ailments that arise in all the bodies; mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical. (Feel free to reach out if you think any of your chakras are out of balance, reiki services are available)
Rose Quartz is especially helpful to lightworkers. It is easing pain and tension, replacing used or low energy.
For the physical body, Rose Quartz love stone can stimulate blood circulation, and boost neuron connectivity.
Rose Quartz – Uses
If you are looking to bring peace to the home, place Rose Quartz in each outside corner of the house.
At the workplace, keep a stone on your desk or workspace.
Peace to the body, meditate for 10 min with the stone held over your heart.
For matters of the heart, if you have been seeking lasting love, this crystal can help you attract and keep love. It can also protect the user from disappointment – overall, a substantial effect on emotional health.
Rose Quartz – love stone – can also be used in cases of protection, either intrusion or people with ill intentions. Have a piece of raw, unpolished rose quartz with a pointed end. Keep this point towards you; this will put your body and aura into a protective shield.
Here are some more useful hacks for using Rose Quartz:
- Circle a picture of a war-torn place with a piece of rose quartz while you recite a prayer for peace.
- Bury a piece in a polluted area to help clear the air.
- If a phone call unexpectedly becomes confrontational, circle a piece of rose quartz counter-clockwise around the phone as you speak to absorb negativity.
- If you have a restless little one place a raw piece of rose quartz in the bed (I put it in my son’s pillowcase), this will also help a fearful child.
- Great for teenaged females as it can help a girl through the transition of a girl to woman, increases healthy self-love and self-esteem
- Rose Quartz and animals – great for rescue animals who may have endured trauma, just place a piece in their space.
- Place rose quartz in water for 8 hours and give it to a hyperactive animal to bring peace and calm.
Cleansing and Charging your Crystal
Crystals can become bogged down with energy if not cleansed; you may feel the stone has “stopped working,” and it might even start to make you feel ill. If you find the colour of the stone is fading, sprinkle a few drops of rose water on the crystal to revive its beauty.
Cleanse your Rose Quartz, love stone, by placing it under the moonlight to cleanse and charge. You may also run the crystal under running water for cleansing, but this does not recharge it. If you find the colour of the stone is fading, sprinkle a few drops of rose water on the crystal to revive its beauty.
Sage and Palo Santo are great alternatives as well, let the smoke cover the stone to help evaporate any negative energies stuck in the crystal.
There are different cuts of crystals if you are wondering what will work for you. Here are some examples:
- Crystal point; this is where a crystal may come to a point on one end or both. The energy concentrates around the point(s). This cut of a stone is great when you want to direct the energy to a specific area
- Crystal sphere; evenly spreads the energy
- Crystal heart; works the same as the sphere.
- Polished vs raw; when it comes down to it, it doesn’t matter. The only thing to take into consideration is when a stone is polished; it does go through a process, so you will want to let it cleanse and clear well before using it.
- Worry stone; the worry stone is a great cut, it has a perfect slope in the middle to rub your thumb on, excellent for people with anxiety.
There are also eggs, skulls, pyramids, and domes – come back for more in-depth info on the shapes and their different uses.
Thank you for joining me on this learning journey of Rose Quartz – Love Stone
Relevate the day – Anna xo