Welcome to the New Moon in November. This New Moon is following the intense energy of the Blue Moon/Hunter’s Moon. We have expended so much energy in October, and you may be feeling completely drained of energy. It will be essential to be very gentle with yourself leading up to the New Moon. As we prepare to set out our New Moon Wishes, try not to let the exhaustion block you from doing what you need to keep up with the universal energies.
Keep reading below to learn about the New Moon, what New Moon Wishes are, and what you can do to make the most of this energy.
What is the energy of a New Moon?
The New Moon always brings a level of excitement. It is the start of a new Lunar cycle and represents new beginnings. Wipe the slate clean of whatever did not work for you throughout the last Lunar cycle.
Sometimes the New Moon’s energy can feel like a quiet time where the night seems so long, and it can sometimes bring about dark energy – the New Moon is so small and dark in this phase and hardly visible to the naked eye.
New Moons are the perfect time to set out new goals, intentions, and wishes. After all, through the darkness of a New Moon, we can become reborn through our intentions and wishes.
The energy of a New Moon can be challenging for some because, as humans, we can sense change, and it is in our nature to run or avoid change. However, if you can get into the energy that the Moon is asking for, your transition will be more smooth.
What Should I Focus on During a New Moon?
The 3-5 days leading up to the New Moon is considered a Balsamic Moon phase, or to some, it is the Waning Crescent Moon. During this time, we are releasing all the intense energies that are lingering from the Full Moon, Disseminating Moon, and Third Quarter Moon. (More on those phases to come)
Fun fact Balsam is translated to “healing or soothing.”
In the Balsamic phase, we are ready to release, heal, and surrender. Begin the journey inward and think about the forgiveness and release you did through the Full Moon. Anything that is remaining, it is the time to let go now.
This is also a great time to look at all of the things from the last lunar cycle that did not work for you. That could be relationships, your schedule, home life, etc. Get right down to what did work, what did not, what you did not like, what you did like; when we take the time to get clear on the things that did not work, we can stop putting energy where it is not serving us so that when the new Moon comes, we are clear on our goals, intentions, and New Moon wishes.
Once we reach the New Moon phase, humans can sometimes be guarded because New Moons also represent change, and for many, that is a difficult thing to do, but if we spend days leading up to it, we can get excited about a change. Especially when we know what is working for us, and then we can expand from there.
New Moon Wishes Explained
There is something magical about a New Moon. As you have read, I mention wishes – New Moon Wishes. So, you are probably wondering what that is all about. When we take the actions listed above – getting clear on what works, what does not and preparing to bring in change, we will then be ready to bring our manifestation and wishes to light.
Much of this information comes from Moonology by Yasmin Boland, plus some intuitive takes.
1. Show gratitude for all that you do have in your life right now at this moment.
2. Play some frequency music. Find the Hz you are looking for by googling. As an example, let’s say your new moon wish is to be more spiritually connected. Google “frequency for spiritual connection,” from there, you can likely select a YouTube video or search the 852 Hz for connection on any of your favourite music streaming platforms. Light a candle or incense.
3. Choose up to 10 wishes or intentions for the four weeks of the Lunar cycle. Get as specific as you can. If you are having trouble narrowing it down to what it is precise that you are wanting, I encourage you to do some personal development practices, such as Reiki, EFT, books, etc.
4. Write the wishes on paper. Express it creatively if you wish. Different shapes of paper, different colours, stickers, just whatever you are called to do. The more energy you invest in this process, it shows the universe your desire and commitment.
5. Read each item aloud – and prioritize. Choose the item(s) that are the most important to you. For your priority wishes or intentions, take this time to visualize it coming to reality and dive into the feelings of having that “thing” come true. Act as if it has already happened. What does that energy feel like?
6. Create affirmations that back up the wish(es), and write that down too.
7. Look at each item and rate from 0-100 what you feel the likelihood is of it coming to be.
8. Go over each item and set intentions on what you plan to do to help these wishes come to light. Sitting and waiting is not going to bring things to you. We have to be willing to take action and watch for guidance along the way.
9. Meditate for a minimum of 15 minutes – and release your dreams into the universe.
10. End your meditation by releasing any attachments to the outcome. Although we set goals, intentions, and wishes, it is not necessarily for our highest good. Try not to control the outcome; aid it with actionable steps. If it is meant to be, it will work; if not – you will come across roadblocks or other signs.
New Moon in Scorpio Energy
We have a lot going on in the planetary systems right now, and it is creating a need for introspection and evaluation. Scorpio energy wants you to delve in as deeply as possible into your emotions/feelings. This is an important process as it will help you gain clarity, explore your creativity, new beginnings, and give you a sense of purpose.
The days leading up to the New Moon and a few days after will have you desiring more meaningful emotional exchanges. Shallow relationships will become unsatisfactory – and possibly end those relationships that are not serving the highest good of self.
In this energy, we will feel some force towards change, but we want this transformation to come. We recognize that what we have been doing has not or is no longer working for us, and we are becoming exhausted with all that is no longer in the best interest of self. This is an optimal New Moon energy to allow change to flow, and clarification of long-range goals will be made clear to you.
There is a high emotional intensity at this time. Allow yourself to process it as it comes. This is a time of hard work – hard inner work. Keep the intentions high and honourable, and keep going. You can and will get through this. We need to be willing to look at all sides of ourselves and recognize the shadow work that needs to be done at this time. The shadows of ourselves are not menacing. They are just parts of us that we must learn to work with and use as a tool to better ourselves and our lives, which will enrich the lives of those around us. It is all a ripple effect, do not forget.
New Moon in Scorpio Ritual
The Ritual! This is probably my favourite part of these blogs! I love creating rituals that will help people expand into their greatness.
Firstly, I always recommend a journaling practice daily, but especially during significant moon phases, New Moon-Full Moon. I will provide some journal prompts below to get you started, then you will find a numbered list; this is the actual ritual.
The journal prompts will give you some great questions to reflect upon and maybe bring something to light that you can work on through this New Moon.
-Have I been jealous, vengeful, suspicious or otherwise behaved in a toxic way?
-Am I living in fear rather than love?
-Have I been too focused on the negative instead of the positive
-Have I been using my voice for good or cruelty?
-Not all people need this, but has your sex life been satisfactory for those who do? Or has it been leaving you feeling empty or alone?
1. Get Moon water ready. You can do this in a couple of ways. I have been leaning more towards the first way I will explain, but listen to yourself on what you think resonates more with you.
– Drinkable Moon Water. For this one, you are just setting out a glass jar of water with a lid outside overnight to absorb the Moon’s energy. In the morning, bring it in, and drink some. This will help supercharge the energetic body and raise the vibe, which allows the ritual to be more effective. Any water you have saved, keep it in the fridge and drink when you need a “pick me up.”
– Fragrant Moon Water – This will not be a drinkable Moon Water, but no less effective. Same idea as above but this time, we are adding things to the water. Get yourself a glass jar or bowl – make sure it can be covered. Add in crystals, fresh or dried herbs, flowers, essential oils, etc. Whatever you are called to. Put it out under the Moon overnight. In the morning, remove all items from the water, and strain it into a spray bottle. Spray yourself and your spaces with the water to invite the energy in and through you. This also raises the vibe and increases the effectiveness of your ritual and wishes.
2. Smudge your space that you will be doing in the ritual. You can use any smudging material, but I always suggest Palo Santo – it’s my favourite
3. Get into the journaling – use the prompts and anything else that may come to mind or any other questions you want to ask yourself at this time. Allow your intuition to guide you through this.
4. Do the New Moon Wishes exercise above
5. At the beginning of the New Moon exercise, it states to show gratitude. After the exercise, I suggest coming back to gratitude. You can say the same gratitudes, or if new things came to mind, use those or add it to the list from earlier.
Here are my crystal recommendations to help you with the New Moon energy.
I hope you take advantage of this beautiful ritual, and I would love to hear your feedback in the comments.
Until Next time,
Relevate the day – Anna xo