We made it through 2020, friends! Happy 2021 and welcome to the New Moon in Capricorn 2021!! I don’t know about you, but I am pretty excited about this new chapter, and for this new age we have entered – The Age of Aquarius!!
This is our first New Moon of 2021, and it is an exhilarating time astrologically, energetically, and personally. The New Moon in Capricorn 2021 is bringing a lot of change. It is a time to plan, be ambitious, be kind, relinquish control, and establish your traditions.
The New Moon in Capricorn 2021 is happening on January 13th at 12 am Eastern time. Before you head to bed on the night of the 12th, take the time to set your intentions, your ritual, meditation, or anything else you feel called to do at this time—more about this below.
What is the energy of a New Moon?
The New Moon always brings a level of excitement. It is the start of a new Lunar cycle and represents new beginnings. Wipe the slate clean of whatever did not work for you throughout the last Lunar cycle. With this being the first New Moon of 2021, it is also a great time to reflect on all of the last year’s events. Take any rituals that you have completed and look back at what helped you the most, and start new traditions for yourself surrounding the moon and exercises that impacted you.
Sometimes the New Moon’s energy can feel like a quiet time where the night seems so long, and it can sometimes bring about dark energy – the New Moon is so small and dark in this phase and hardly visible to the naked eye.
The energy of a New Moon can be challenging for some because, as humans, we can sense change, and it is in our nature to run or avoid change. However, if you can get into the energy that the Moon is asking for, your transition will be more smooth.
New Moons are the perfect time to set out new goals, intentions, and wishes. After all, through the darkness of a New Moon, we can become reborn through our intentions and wishes.
In the New Moon in Capricorn 2021, there are some specific energies that you can work with to get a greater result from your wishes.
What Should I Focus on During a New Moon?
The 3-5 days leading up to the New Moon is considered a Balsamic Moon phase, or to some, it is the Waning Crescent Moon. During this time, we are releasing all the intense energies that are lingering from the Full Moon, Disseminating Moon, and Third Quarter Moon. (More on those phases to come)
Fun fact Balsam is translated to “healing or soothing.”
In the Balsamic phase, we are ready to release, heal, and surrender. Begin the journey inward and think about the forgiveness and release you did through the Full Moon. Anything that is remaining, it is the time to let go now.
This is also a great time to look at all of the things from the last lunar cycle that did not work for you. In the case of the New Moon in Capricorn 2021, it is the time to overlook the entire year of 2020 and make assessments of what did or did not work. Not only that, but it is an opportune time to set goals and intentions for the entire year ahead, along with the goals and intentions for the lunar cycle. That could be relationships, your schedule, home life, etc. Get right down to what did work, what did not, what you did not like, what you did like; when we take the time to get clear on the things that did not work, we can stop putting energy where it is not serving us so that when the New Moon comes, we are clear on our goals, intentions, and New Moon wishes for the coming month, and year!
Once we reach the New Moon phase, humans can sometimes be guarded because New Moons also represent change or rebirth, and for many, that is a difficult thing to do. Still, if we spend days leading up to it with an energy of acceptance and surrender, we can get excited about a change. Especially when we know what is working for us, and then we can expand from there.
New Moon Wishes Explained
There is something magical about a New Moon. As you have read, I mention wishes – New Moon Wishes. So, you are probably wondering what that is all about. When we take the actions listed above – getting clear on what works, what does not and preparing to bring in change, we will then be ready to bring our manifestation and wishes to light.
Much of this information comes from Moonology by Yasmin Boland, plus some intuitive takes.
1. Show gratitude for all that you do have in your life right now at this moment.
2. Play some frequency music. Find the Hz you are looking for by googling. As an example, let’s say your new moon wish is to be more spiritually connected. Google “frequency for spiritual connection,” from there, you can likely select a YouTube video or search the 852 Hz for connection on any of your favourite music streaming platforms. Light a candle or incense.
3. Choose up to 10 wishes or intentions for the four weeks of the Lunar cycle. For this month, also add in 10 more for the year ahead. Get as specific as you can. If you are having trouble narrowing it down to what it is precise that you are wanting, I encourage you to do some personal development practices, such as Reiki, EFT, books, etc.
4. Write the wishes on paper. Express it creatively if you wish. Different shapes of paper, different colours, stickers, just whatever you are called to do. The more energy you invest in this process, it shows the universe your desire and commitment.
5. Read each item aloud – and prioritize. Choose the item(s) that are the most important to you. For your priority wishes or intentions, take this time to visualize it coming to reality and dive into the feelings of having that “thing” come true. Act as if it has already happened. What does that energy feel like? – Do this same process with the wishes or intentions for the year.
6. Create affirmations that back up the wish(es), and write that down too.
7. Look at each item and rate from 0-100 what you feel the likelihood is of it coming to be.
8. Go over each item and set intentions on what you plan to do to help these wishes come to light. Sitting and waiting is not going to bring things to you. We have to be willing to take action and watch for guidance along the way.
9. Meditate for a minimum of 15 minutes – and release your dreams into the universe.
10. End your meditation by releasing any attachments to the outcome. Although we set goals, intentions, and wishes, it is not necessarily for our highest good. Try not to control the outcome; aid it with actionable steps; it will work If it is meant to work; if not – you will come across roadblocks or other signs.
New Moon in Capricorn Energy
As mentioned above, this is a big event, and huge energies are at play. There is a huge level of excitement as we dawn on the new beginnings of a new year and the new age of Aquarius. The New Moon in Capricorn 2021 asks you to really assess where you are, where you’ve been, where you want to go, and how you can accomplish it.
This energy is also asking that you recognize and celebrate your evolution over the last year. I bet 2020 has changed a lot for you, not just in the outside sources of what is happening globally, but your own personal evolution. Thought patterns and behaviours have changed in some way. Recognize all of the good, and allow yourself to celebrate how far you’ve come.
The New Moon in Capricorn 2021 is asking you to:
1) Plan – because we are in a new year and new age: this is a great opportunity to put some action plans into place. Get clear on what you want to accomplish this year. Set the intentions, and make actionable steps to help you get there.
2) Be Ambitious – The Aquarian energy of the age we are entering helps us get motivated and see things outside of the box like never before. Aquarius is eccentric, spontaneous, and original. We can use these energies to our benefit, especially those who struggle with any of the mentioned traits. Don’t be afraid to try something new or different. It could be the defining moment you’ve been waiting for.
We have been building to this for some time now, and if you have been here reading these blogs, then you know Sagitarrius season has been opening up our minds to new possibilities and thinking outside of the box.
3) Be kind – Capricorn can sometimes be a cold sign, but this energy is asking that you show someone how much they mean to you. Take the time to really appreciate the relationships and people that mean the most to you.
4) Let go of control – Capricorn can be a tough sign sometimes too. It tends to be stubborn and want to control the outcome of desires or wishes. This is a time to let go of that if you find yourself getting into this energy. If there is anything I have learned for certain through my journey, the more we try to control an outcome or get stuck in our own way, the harder it will be for these things to come to us. The Universe wants to help, but if you are not willing to let go of the picture of how you think it should go, you will miss an opportunity or another way of accomplishing the goal or desire.
5) Establish traditions – establishing something new that you can add to your routine or a seasonal tradition is a great thing to do at this time. The Capricorn energy relishes in relationships and routine. So, if there is something new you have wanted to do every Winter or Christmas, or if there is something you wanted to add to your morning/evening routine, this is a favourable time to do that. Perhaps you don’t have a regular morning or evening routine, now is the time to explore what works for you.
New Moon in Capricorn Ritual
The Ritual! This is probably my favourite part of these blogs! I love creating rituals that will help people expand into their greatness. This ritual will be a little longer than usual because we will spend some time reflecting on 2020 and set goals for the month and the year.
Firstly, I always recommend a journaling practice daily, but especially during significant moon phases, New Moon-Full Moon. I will provide some journal prompts below to get you started, then you will find a numbered list; this is the actual ritual.
The journal prompts will give you some great questions to reflect upon and maybe bring something to light that you can work on through this New Moon.
-Have I been avoiding plans or committing to something I desire?
-Am I willing to make actionable steps towards my wishes and intentions?
-Have I been kind to those I value? Do I show appreciation in a way that is clear to them?
-Have I been trying to control how things are going to work out?
-Am I willing to look beyond my flaws so I can see what I actually need?
-What are the biggest lessons I learned in 2020?
-What am I grateful for from 2020?
-What challenges did I overcome in 2020?
-Is there anything I can celebrate about my evolution in 2020?
1. Get Moon water ready. You can do this in a couple of ways. I have been leaning more towards the first way I will explain, but listen to yourself on what you think resonates more with you.
– Drinkable Moon Water. For this one, you are just setting out a glass jar of water with a lid outside overnight to absorb the Moon’s energy. In the morning, bring it in, and drink some. This will help supercharge the energetic body and raise the vibe, which allows the ritual to be more effective. Any water you have saved, keep it in the fridge and drink when you need a “pick me up.”
– Fragrant Moon Water – This will not be a drinkable Moon Water, but no less effective. Same idea as above but this time, we are adding things to the water. Get yourself a glass jar or bowl – make sure it can be covered. Add in crystals, fresh or dried herbs, flowers, essential oils, etc. Whatever you are called to. Put it out under the Moon overnight. In the morning, remove all items from the water, and strain it into a spray bottle. Spray yourself and your spaces with the water to invite the energy in and through you. This also raises the vibe and increases the effectiveness of your ritual and wishes.
2. Smudge your space that you will be doing in the ritual. You can use any smudging material, but I always suggest Palo Santo – it’s my favourite
3. Get into the journaling – use the prompts and anything else that may come to mind or any other questions you want to ask yourself at this time. Allow your intuition to guide you through this.
4. Do the New Moon Wishes exercise above
5. At the beginning of the New Moon exercise, it states to show gratitude. After the exercise, I suggest coming back to gratitude. You can say the same gratitudes, or if new things came to mind, use those or add them to the list from earlier.
Here are my crystal recommendations to help you with the New Moon energy. Feel free to check out my shop for your crystal needs
I hope you take advantage of this beautiful ritual, and I would love to hear your feedback in the comments.
Until Next time,
Relevate the day – Anna xo