Welcome to Aquarius season with this beautiful New Moon. During the New Moon in Aquarius in February 2021, there continues to be a lot of planetary action happening; alignments, squares, conjunctions, and retrogrades. We have 6 planets in the sign of Aquarius alone, meaning, get ready to be bombarded with Aquarian energy, which all in all is not a bad thing. We just have to be completely conscious of our frequency and thoughts, especially now.
As a collective consciousness, we are on the rise – but this is the fork in the road. We can choose to remain stuck in old patterns and systems, or we can have faith in the Universe and allow it to unveil the next path for all of us; the next upgrade, the next system – all of which have all of humanity and equality in its intentions.
Let’s learn about the New Moon below and further information about what this Aquarius energy can bring/do for us.
What is the energy of a New Moon?
The New Moon always brings a level of excitement. It is the start of a new Lunar cycle and represents new beginnings. Wipe the slate clean of whatever did not work for you throughout the last Lunar cycle.
Sometimes the New Moon’s energy can feel like a quiet time where the night seems so long, and it can sometimes bring about dark energy – the New Moon is so small and dark in this phase and hardly visible to the naked eye.
The energy of a New Moon can be challenging for some because, as humans, we can sense change, and it is in our nature to run or avoid change. However, if you can get into the energy that the Moon is asking for, your transition will be more smooth.
New Moons are the perfect time to set out new goals, intentions, and wishes. After all, through the darkness of a New Moon, we can become reborn through our intentions and wishes.
This New Moon in Aquarius in February 2021 is critical to hold on to the frequency of love, joy, compassion, and gratitude; because the seeds we plant during this moon will continue to evolve and grow throughout the year into November. Manifestation is very magnified at this time due to the position of Jupiter. Jupiter is the planet of expansion – it’s like the miracle grow for the seeds we plant. It might not be essential to have a clear picture of exactly what we want, as long as there is an intention of the outcome we would like to see. The Universe and Jupiter will guide us and expand us into far more than we could even imagine.
What Should I Focus on During a New Moon?
The 3-5 days leading up to the New Moon is considered a Balsamic Moon phase, or to some, it is the Waning Crescent Moon. During this time, we are releasing all the intense energies that are lingering from the Full Moon, Disseminating Moon, and Third Quarter Moon. (More on those phases to come)
Fun fact Balsam is translated to “healing or soothing.”
In the Balsamic phase, we are ready to release, heal, and surrender. Begin the journey inward and think about the forgiveness and release you did through the Full Moon. Anything that is remaining, it is time to let go now.
Once we reach the New Moon phase, humans can sometimes be guarded because New Moons also represent change or rebirth, and for many, that is a difficult thing to do. Still, if we spend days leading up to it with an energy of acceptance and surrender, we can get excited about a change. Especially when we know what is working for us, and then we can expand from there.
As mentioned above, the New Moon in Aquarius in February 2021 is an opportunity to allow the seeds (wishes, manifestations, intentions) to grow into their own. Just come up with an intention for your 2021 year. You may still perform your moon wishes ritual, of course, but have one of your items be the desired outcome, not just what you want. For example, the intention you set could be equality for all of humanity, where poverty and class become a system of the past, and we get to move into a more community-minded consciousness. Where wealth isn’t just for the rich, it’s available to all. Or, Equality in civil rights, where women and People of Colour do not have to fight harder than the rest because they are recognized and treated as equal – as they should already be.
New Moon Wishes Explained
There is something magical about a New Moon. As you have read, I mention wishes – New Moon Wishes. So, you are probably wondering what that is all about. When we take the actions listed above – getting clear on what works, what does not and preparing to bring in change, we will then be ready to bring our manifestation and wishes to light.
Much of this information comes from Moonology by Yasmin Boland, plus some intuitive takes.
1. Show gratitude for all that you do have in your life right now at this moment.
2. Play some frequency music. Find the Hz you are looking for by googling. As an example, let’s say your new moon wish is to be more spiritually connected. Google “frequency for spiritual connection,” from there, you can likely select a YouTube video or search the 852 Hz for connection on any of your favourite music streaming platforms. Light a candle or incense.
3. Choose up to 10 wishes or intentions for the four weeks of the Lunar cycle. For this month, also add in 10 more for the year ahead. Get as specific as you can. If you are having trouble narrowing it down to what it is precise that you are wanting, I encourage you to do some personal development practices, such as Reiki, EFT, books, etc.
4. Write the wishes on paper. Express it creatively if you wish. Different shapes of paper, different colours, stickers, just whatever you are called to do. The more energy you invest in this process, it shows the universe your desire and commitment.
5. Read each item aloud – and prioritize. Choose the item(s) that are the most important to you. For your priority wishes or intentions, take this time to visualize it coming to reality and dive into the feelings of having that “thing” come true. Act as if it has already happened. What does that energy feel like? – Do this same process with the wishes or intentions for the year.
6. Create affirmations that back up the wish(es), and write that down too.
7. Look at each item and rate from 0-100 what you feel the likelihood is of it coming to be.
8. Go over each item and set intentions on what you plan to do to help these wishes come to light. Sitting and waiting is not going to bring things to you. We have to be willing to take action and watch for guidance along the way.
9. Meditate for a minimum of 15 minutes – and release your dreams into the universe.
10. End your meditation by releasing any attachments to the outcome. Although we set goals, intentions, and wishes, it is not necessarily for our highest good. Try not to control the outcome; aid it with actionable steps; it will work If it is meant to work; if not – you will come across roadblocks or other signs.
New Moon in Aquarius Energy
There is a lot to unwrap here, so I hope you stick around to read or check out my YouTube video here.
The New Moon in Aquarius February 2021 is a great time of change and a reminder of a time not so long ago. The last time we had these specific planetary alignments was in February 1962, and do you know what dawned in that era? The Hippies – the time of civil rights movements, equality movements, peace and love, harmony and joy, when people gathered together and became communities as one and were able to be self-sufficient in many ways. I believe that the era in the ’60s was actually a seed that had been planted to come around again at this very moment in time.
Yes, we moved away from a lot of the energy that was alive back then but also look at how much the collective consciousness changed in that one frame in time. Many women’s rights changes, rights for people of colour, civil movements taking down corrupt governments, etc. We learned a lot from that era. We have grown, we have learned, and in this time frame, we are ready to come back into that energy of the ’60s.
Now that we are transitioning into the Age of Aquarius (This transition continues into 2024 before we are fully dawned in the Age of Aquarius), we will be confronted with massive amounts of Aquarius energy.
Aquarius positive traits:
Aquarius negative traits
- Overly emotional
- Inability to compromise
It’s important to know the traits so you can recognize if your energy is resting in a positive or negative space. You will be bombarded with these traits even if they aren’t normally the ones that you carry. You will find yourself evolving further into these traits, especially as we become reborn into this Age of Aquarius.
Your relationship with emotions may become a little more complicated during the New Moon in Aquarius in February 2021 because the Aquarius energy has a strong need and desire to be released from emotions; emotional freedom. This mostly relates to less desirable emotions such as fear, anger, jealousy, dogma, etc.
During the New Moon in Aquarius in February 2021, you will find yourself faced with a choice, again the fork in the road. There will be a lot of tension between the old and the new. Such as, do you stay where you currently are? Maybe it is comfortable, but are you honestly happy? Joyful? Grateful? or are you ready to step out into a new dawn, a new beginning? Are you ready, willing, and able to release the past and see it as solely the stepping stones that got you here? As the lessons that needed to be learned to gain the wisdom of who you truly are? Or do you stay static, unable or unwilling to move? These are big choices that need to be made, but the beautiful thing is that when you choose, you surrender to it and allow the Universe to unfold its will to you, and all will be made clear.
At this time, the most important piece of advice I can give you is above all else, no matter what – keep your frequency high. Do whatever it takes to keep your frequency in love, joy, peace, and gratitude. You will help level up the collective consciousness making the transition into this era much easier on everyone and everything. Not to say that there aren’t tough times ahead, because there are, but once we tear down the old systems and arise with new systems; we truly could experience the 5D here in the 3D world. Many of us are already there, and we are the ones writing and guiding you to join us and allow our higher selves to take the wheel.
New Moon in Aquarius Ritual
The Ritual! This is probably my favourite part of these blogs! I love creating rituals that will help people expand into their greatness.
Firstly, I always recommend a journaling practice daily, but especially during significant moon phases, New Moon-Full Moon. I will provide some journal prompts below to get you started, then you will find a numbered list; this is the actual ritual.
The journal prompts will give you some great questions to reflect upon and maybe bring something to light that you can work on through this New Moon.
- What am I willing and able to release and let go of from my past?
- What events and people am I able to detach myself from?
- Am I giving myself the space to be my true unique self?
- Am I able to find and share my gifts with the world? If yes, how can I explore that?
- Can I let go of “social norms” and think outside the box on how I can contribute my gifts to the world?
- How can I be of more assistance to my fellow humans? Can I donate time or money to those in need?
- Have I found my tribe? If not, what can I do to find my tribe of people? The people that think like me and help me feel like I am apart of the bigger picture? The people that don’t just tell me what I want to hear, but what I need to.
1. Get Moon water ready. You can do this in a couple of ways. I have been leaning more towards the first way I will explain, but listen to yourself on what you think resonates more with you.
– Drinkable Moon Water. For this one, you are just setting out a glass jar of water with a lid outside overnight to absorb the Moon’s energy. In the morning, bring it in, and drink some. This will help supercharge the energetic body and raise the vibe, which allows the ritual to be more effective. Any water you have saved, keep it in the fridge and drink when you need a “pick me up.”
– Fragrant Moon Water – This will not be drinkable Moon Water, but no less effective. Same idea as above but this time, we are adding things to the water. Get yourself a glass jar or bowl – make sure it can be covered. Add in crystals, fresh or dried herbs, flowers, essential oils, etc. Whatever you are called to. Put it out under the Moon overnight. In the morning, remove all items from the water, and strain it into a spray bottle. Spray yourself and your spaces with the water to invite the energy in and through you. This also raises the vibe and increases the effectiveness of your ritual and wishes.
2. Smudge your space that you will be doing in the ritual. You can use any smudging material, but I always suggest Palo Santo – it’s my favourite
3. Get into the journaling – use the prompts and anything else that may come to mind or any other questions you want to ask yourself at this time. Allow your intuition to guide you through this.
4. Do the New Moon Wishes exercise above
5. At the beginning of the New Moon exercise, it states to show gratitude. After the exercise, I suggest coming back to gratitude. You can say the same gratitudes, or if new things came to mind, use those or add them to the list from earlier.
Here are my crystal recommendations to help you with the New Moon energy. Feel free to check out my shop for your crystal needs.
Thank you for joining me today, if you would like to follow me on all of my platforms, you can find the links below.
Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/301825664404984
Until next time
Relevate the day,